What Is The DiSC Difference?
There are a number of significant differences between Everything DiSC profiles, the reports, the assessment process, and other DISC lookalike tools, available in the marketplace, including:
Multi-level Aspects to the Learning
Unlike most other solutions available, our family of Everything DiSC tools focuses on the complete learning process, providing not just an assessment instrument and in-depth profile report but many follow-up tools that take learners even deeper into understanding themselves and others. In addition, each comprehensive product package is completely customisable for classroom facilitation and includes additional learning platforms to keep the lessons from DiSC alive. Whether in teams, 1-1 management of direct reports or leading an organisation, there’s a layed and multi-faced aspect and application of DiSC.
Research Validated yet easily Accessible
With an uncompromising focus on research and validity we ensure that the feedback and insight our tools provide are as accurate and reliable as possible. Each profile report tells a story that the learner can easily connect with and take action immediately to put the insights and strategies into practice. We also keep this story simple while offering rich content that learners can understand and remember.
Advanced Testing Methodology
Most other DISC-related tools are still using some variation of our first attempt to measure the assessment created by William Marston: a 24-item, forced-choice (most/least) questionnaire. With modern advancements in psychometrics, these paper-and-pencil-type measurements are now very outdated.
What also sets the Everything DiSC family of tools apart is our current use of a five-point Likert response scale and our method of Adaptive Testing (AT), a computer-based iterative methodology that successively selects and presents subsequent questions based on a learner’s response to previous ones. Most importantly, this type of tailored testing increases the precision of the assessment instrument and, ultimately, the results. We were the first and continue to be one of the only assessment developers and publishers with DISC-related tools on the market to use Adaptive Testing.
Most other DISC providers continue to use three graphs to represent the learner’s assessment results, claiming that the first and second graphs measure adaptive and natural behavior. This is a myth. Years ago, when some of our data looked to point that way we believed this to be true. However, upon further data collection we discovered this explanation to be false-a finding backed by The British Psychological Society. In the early 90s, the Society performed its own validation study on the 24-item DISC questionnaire and concluded that graph one and two were measuring nothing more than different views of self-perception. Current DISC providers continuing to make this assertion are working with outdated and unsupported facts.
- Research-validated profiling for teams, managers, leaders & also sales professionals – We can 100% guarantee the validity and reliability of our profiles. We back this up with a comprehensive research report, which we will openly share with anyone who would like to read it. Not one of our DiSC profiles is ever released without research to back its validity.
- More Validated – The questionnaire used to take the Everything DiSC profiles uses adaptive testing. With Adaptive Testing (AT), a respondents’ answers determine the next questions they’re given. With this technology, a person’s Everything DiSC profile is 32% more accurate than a traditional DiSC Classic profile.
- Easier to Read – The Everything DiSC profiles use a true circumplex model (with DOT & Shading) to pinpoint your DiSC style and your “flexing behaviours” in the model. It’s simple, defintiely not simplistics and is intuitive to understand. The traditional way of representing DiSC was in a forced choice assessment process, with a line graph. However, now we have a dot representing a person’s DiSC style on the DiSC map.
- Application-based Profiles – Everything DiSC profiles are designed to be easily applied. That’s why they come in five different profile applications – management, sales, leadership, 360 and workplace communication. By using application-based profiles, organisations can help participants see the immediate relevance of DiSC to their field or profession.
- Highly Versatile – A DiSC profile isn’t black and white. With the Everything DiSC suite, the products are extremely versatile. Each Everything DiSC profile is compatible with the next meaning participants’ results can be shown across different applications without retaking the questionnaire. Profiles can be printed in sections to allow control over how much information participants receive at any one time. Even the name of the profiles can be relabelled to match the name of the program you are running.
- Free Comparisons Reports – Choose any two people who have completed an Everything DiSC profile, and generate a comparison report for no extra cost. These comparison reports highlight the similarities and differences between the two participants, identifying the possible roadblocks and benefits of working with each other.
- Fast, Efficient Administration – You also can gain access to a highly-advanced online profiling management system that allows you to easily manage participant reports, generate pair and group reports, reclaim unused credits and track all your activity to name a few. This can be branded for your organisation, with your logos and branding on report covers.
- Facilitation & Tailoring, based on years of Experience – We have collective involvement in DiSC for decades in our facilitator panel.
- Accreditation & Training – Peter O’Connor can provde a variety of Train the Trainer, certification, tailored workshops or publisher accreditation options for your organisation.